Rose Park Community Learning Center
A Community Learning Center (CLC) is a philosophy, a place, and a set of partnerships between a school and other community resources. The community learning center model builds on the core instructional program of a school by adding educational and life skill enrichment for the entire family and removing barriers to learning by providing necessary social services.
365体育官网In a CLC school, young people, their families, and community residents work as equal partners with the school and other community service providers to develop programs and enhance services in five areas:
- Quality Education – High-caliber curriculum and instruction enable all children to meet challenging academic standards and use all of the community's assets as resources for learning.
- Personal Development – Young people develop their assets and talents, form positive relationships with peers and adults, and serve as resources to their communities.
- Family Support – Family resource centers, early childhood development programs, coordinated health and social services, counseling, and other supports enhance family life by building upon individuals' strengths and skills.
- Family and Community Engagement – Families and other local community members actively participate in designing, supporting, monitoring, and advocating for quality programs, activities, and services in the school and community.
- Community Development – All participants focus on strengthening the social networks, economic viability, and physical infrastructure of the surrounding community.