American Indian Education
“Let us put our minds together to see what we can build for our children.” -Chief Sitting Bull
This program is designed to address the unique cultural, language, and educationally related academic needs of American Indian/Alaskan Native students.
365体育官网SLCSD American Indian Education program is based on a grant. The funding received per year is determined by the number of 506 forms completed and submitted by the AI/AN students in the school district. If parents or students have questions about the 506 form, please contact the coordinator for more details and assistance.
- Tutoring for students who need reinforcement in reading, math, or any academic skills
- Quarterly meetings with Coordinator
- Cultural family activities and potlucks
- Financial assistance with academics (determined case by case)
- Provided with information on scholarships, FAFSA, internships, summer camps, and leadership opportunities
- Recognition and honoring of students who are excelling and making academic achievements
- Activities to educate individuals concerning substance abuse, suicide, and mental health issues.
What we offer
365体育官网If your child is struggling in school and you believe they can benefit from tutoring, mentorship, or weekly meetings with the Coordinator, please let Tia Yazzie know so she can get the help they need.
We will begin to provide Native American cultural nights to promote family and community togetherness. Activities will be based on learning of Native American customs, crafts, and music.
Please join our parent committee! We encourage participation in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of program activities. The committee meets once a month.